- Foster a positive organisational culture and climate
- Develop greater cohesion and team spirit
- Raise awareness of the factors that create workplace inequalities
- Understand the power of difference
- Reflect on how you can contribute to a respectful and tolerant work culture.
Encouraging tolerance for difference is easier said than done. Few organisations would say that they do not aspire to equality at work, but making it work consistently is another matter.
This one-hour WebTalk helps attendees gain a better understanding of the facets of human nature that can unwittingly lead to – or be interpreted as – discriminatory behaviour, and encourages them to examine how small changes in individual behaviour can produce lasting change in workplace relations. Participants are encouraged to take a proactive stance, and personal responsibility, towards creating and maintaining a ‘healthier’ workplace where individuals can flourish.
- Brief definitions of ‘equality’
- How to avoind unwitting discrimination
- Respect and dignity, at work and elsewhere
- Perceptions of ‘difference’
- Assumptions, thoughts and behaviour
- Knowing ourselves, recognising bias and prejudice
- Monitoring our language, beliefs and behaviour
- Understanding and demonstrating equality
- Positive work environment checklist
- The strengths of diversity
- Personal responsibilities, management contributions
- Creating and maintaining a tolerant environment
- Actions for a workplace that works
- Organisational culture and climate.